Amaranth has become an important part of my diet since I participated in the Cook. Amaranth is not a cereal such as oats, wheat or rice. It is sometimes called “pseudo-cereal” because of its nutritional value, similar to the grain. It is considered as one of the best food for many health problems, It can reduce inflammation, prevent certain chronic diseases, helps to improve your bone strength.
One of the most important aspects of this cereal. I do have a rice cooker so I’d like to try cooking amaranth in it., quinoa or pasta: boil in water (six cups of water per cup of amaranth) for 15-20 minutes, strain, rinse and eat. It is great for thickening sauces, soups, stews and in the jellies. Eaten as a snack, flavored nuts or slightly peppery. Amaranth is more nutritious than any real grain varieties.
It is rich in minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus and carotenoids than most vegetables. It has a protein content impressive: a cup of amaranth, it contains 28.1 grams of protein than 26.3 grams protein in same amount of oats and 13.1 grams per cup of rice.
Amaranth is a good source of lysine, an important amino acid compared with a protein content of milk, but easier to digest. In addition, also contains basic proteins called globulins and albumin, which, in comparison with wheat prolamins are more soluble and more digestible.
One cup of amaranth contains 15 milligrams raw iron, white rice contains only 1.5 milligrams. One cup of raw amaranth contains 18 milligrams of fiber compared to white rice that contains 2.4 grams only.
Contains less carbohydrates. It has a triple calcium content and is rich in magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. Amaranth contains 6 to 10% fat, amaranth is the only cereal that contains vitamin C.
Here are Some of the Health Benefits of Body
- It is rich in fiber, which will give you energy for a longer period of the day. All fibers are those that help the smooth functioning of the digestive system and colon. In addition, it improves your blood sugar levels.
- It is ideal if you are on a diet. Fiber is low calorie content food and give you energy for long.
- It is very rich in iron, a mineral that helps fight anemia. Compared to other cereals.
- Amaranth has in its composition and other minerals important for the proper functioning of the body: calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc.
- Studies in recent years showed that amaranth is good for the cardiovascular system and the fight against heart disease.
- Like oats, it helps lower bad cholesterol levels and increase good cholesterol levels.
- It is different from other grains is the amino acid lysine, which is very important for the body.
- Amaranth grain is more expensive than such as quinoa, buckwheat, but taking into account its benefits. It is recommended that you buy in stores.